Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Cat's Meow

Did you know that Rome is rumored to have 300,000 cats?  Imagine that many cats!  Romans seem to really love their animals.  You see little dogs everywhere and as you witnessed yourself even in Church!  Well I was reminded of this today when I passed a store on the Corso selling Gelato for pets!! Yes, even dogs and cats have a Gelato in Rome.

Here are a few of our feline friends here on the Hill.

This one is just leaving the NAC Chapel after Vespers

Momma with her kitties

Dad taking his rest

a better view of the kittens

This is our regular resident, you can find him every afternoon under this palm during Siesta!

Where would Rome be without horses?

And Dragon's, Oh, My!

I went out for a walk today intending to reach St. Lawrence outside the walls, a considerable hike.  Well it was very hot and humid today and I did not make it.  It was too oppressive so I turned back but here is a shot of the Piazza Venezia which is the center of the City where major roads converge.  Here a little platform rises and traffic control officer attempts to put order to the Roman Chaos.  The Venezia is the place where Mussolini gave his speech from the balcony and where the Vittoriano or 'wedding cake' is located.

1 comment:

  1. I love the cats! Here's my question: do they respond to the same "psssss, psssss, psssss, psssss noise that American cats do? I have always wondered if this is an international cat noise.

    ReplyDelete