Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dearly Departed

Dearly beloved and departed....it is official...I am now among the faithfully departed!  Beginning the "Expat" life abroad. Arrived Roma at 7:23am and was at the Casa by 9:30am.  The flight was uneventful.  The city is under a deluge of rain!  Even with the rain I could see the beautiful Italian countryside and the waves of the Mediterranean Sea lapping the coastline.

For those of you who know Fr. Lazarus he sends his greetings especially to the ROMEO'S, I gave him your greetings and he wants Carmine to know his Italian is still excellent!   He greets the the K of C, your newsletter reached him the other day.  He leaves Italy tomorrow and came down from Bologna to say hello, we spent two hours together before he had to leave for his train.

I have a room on the 3rd floor of the Casa, which is more like the 6th floor of a US building.  I have killer view of the Ancient City of Rome and the Apennines mountains.  I look out at the Equiline Hill and the Presidential Palace.  I can see the twin cupola's and campanile (bell tower) of the Basilica of St. Mary Major.  The dining room window acts as a frame for St. Peter's Bascilica.  The grounds are beautiful and this old Palazzo is stunning, you really feel like your in Italy...cause I am of course!

Salve - Giovanni

2 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing! What's your camera status? It sounds like a good camera will be your best friend with all these amazing sights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, very cool!! Must be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete