Saturday, September 1, 2012

getting ready to be deported


Buona Gionata!  Good Day to you all.  This is my first post of the new blog.  So, you want to know what the title means?  Obviously my name is John, the hill in Rome I will be living on is the Janiculum (Janiculum is the latin name, the Italian name is Gianicolo) and a jaunt is a short trip.  So this blog will be about my short trip and living experience in the Vatican City-State and Italy.  I am technically residing in the Vatican, not in the City of Rome or the Country of Italy.  The Vatican is a sovereign nation whose head of state is a monarch (the Pope).  When most people think of the Vatican they think of the area immediately around St. Peter's square, this would be the City-State proper but under the Lateran Treaty the Vatican also has extra territorial properties in and around the City of Rome.  The North American College is one of those extraterritorial areas, the Popes summer residence at Castel Gandolfo is another.
Well I am 90% packed which pretty good and under weight in the one suitcase I am allowed!  Stay tuned!  For those of you who know Fr. Lazarus, we are hoping to see each other at noon on the day of my arrival and his departure!

No comments:

Post a Comment