Saturday, September 22, 2012

Knock, Knock

There are many fascinating things about this city and many details that could be easily overlooked.  One of these details are the wonderful door knockers found all over the city but most especially in the older sections.  The ones I am showing you today are ornate but some are simple, just large brass rings all polished and shiny.   Today was a slow day for me, it is quite here because most of the priests travel around Italy or Europe on the weekends.  I like my slow saturdays where I clean my cell, do laundry, read a bit and stroll around the local neighborhoods.  I love getting "lost", you discover the most wonderful things.  The city is my little curiosity box, if you rummage around in it, you never know what you will find.  So here are some of the knockers, who needs a door bell when you have these!










1 comment:

  1. NIce knockers, buddy!

    ....and we'll just let it go at that.

    ReplyDelete